Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Element of Art


My homework for last few weeks was getting known in element of art.  There are texture, line, colour, shapes and value. These elements appear everywhere in our daily life but I was not notice. So from now on, I need to notice them and get use to understand them because I may to create them in my own work. Creating is not easy, so I think I need to start with the first step, start searching the element of art in daily life.
I found that the element of art was not hard to find, I could find them easily in daily life but it was not easy to understand. For example, I found the logo for commonwealth bank. It is created by a square with an under at the bottom. It is very sample but I cannot understand it, so I searched on Internet for the answer and what I found is it represents the five stars of the Southern Cross. It is hard to understand the meaning if I did not have enough knowledge in history or culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment